We didn’t have internet access for a couple of weeks so have been unable to post an update. Annie doing well. She had to have a transfusion due to low levels of haemoglobin last Thursday. This is as a result of her reacting to an increased dose of mercaptopurine chemo medicine which she has problems with. Hopefully they will be able to work out the correct dosage for her soon to avoid this happening too much in the future. Annie and I had an overnight stay at hospital as they didn’t gets blood and start the transfusion until 7.00p.m. and as she was neutropenic there was a risk of her having a reaction and a high temperature after we got home so we stayed as a precautionary measure rather than the late night return trip to newcastle again. Everything was ok and we were back home by lunch time Friday
As Annie is neutropenic again we have not sent her to nursery this week as she’ll be unable to fight off any bugs. Hopefully her blood counts will be better on Thursday and we’ll be able to get her back to nursery.
Rob has been busy decorating upstairs this week. We’re all moving bedrooms so that Annie has a bigger room with more space to accommodate all her toys! Hoping she’ll be in her new room by the weekend. She’s very excited about the first coat of lilac paint on the walls!